A 21-race schedule for the 2019 racing season has been unveiled for the Iron Man Challenge featuring Holley USRA Stock Cars and Out-Pace USRA B-Mods.
The Iron Man Challenge will kick off the 2019 season March 21-23 at the Humboldt Speedway in Humboldt, Kansas, during the King of America IX Modified Nationals presented by Summit Racing Equipment. Out-Pace USRA B-Mods will join the fire-breathing USMTS Modifieds all three days.
The next event on the calendar is the Summit USRA Frost Busters—a three-day, three-track swing through three states. Action begins Thursday, March 28, at the Salina Speedway in Salina, Kansas, and then moves to the I-35 Speedway in Winston, Missouri, on Friday, March 29, before wrapping up the tripleheader on Saturday, March 30, at the Hamilton County Speedway in Webster City, Iowa.
Holley USRA Stock Cars will be joined by the Cook Racing Supplies USRA Hobby Stocks on Saturday, September 14, when the Deer Creek Speedway in Spring Valley, Minnesota, hosts the inaugural Stock Car Nationals. The following weekend, Out-Pace USRA B-Mods get their turn with three nights of racing during the 21st Annual Featherlite Fall Jamboree.
The finale for both divisions takes place at the Hamilton County Speedway for the 6th Annual Summit USRA Nationals.
2019 Iron Man Challenge Schedule:
- March 21-23 … Humboldt Speedway, Humboldt, Kansas [B-Mods]
- March 28 … Salina Speedway, Salina, Kansas
- March 29 … I-35 Speedway, Winston, Missouir
- March 30 … Hamilton County Speedway, Webster City, Iowa
- April 25 … 81 Speedway, Park City, Kansas
- April 26 … Kansas State Fairgrounds, Hutchinson, Kansas
- May 25 … Deer Creek Speedway, Spring Valley, Minnesota
- May 26 … Upper Iowa Speedway, Decorah, Iowa
- June 9 … Nobles County Speedway, Worthington, Minnesota
- June 11-12 … Hamilton County Speedway, Webster City, Iowa
- June 22 … I-35 Speedway, Winston, Missouri [Stock Cars]
- July 17 … Southern Iowa Speedway, Oskaloosa, Iowa
- August 11 … Mason City Motor Speedway, Mason City, Iowa
- August 23 … Rapid Speedway, Rock Rapids, Iowa
- August 24 … Nobles County Speedway, Worthington, Minnesota
- August 31 … Deer Creek Speedway, Spring Valley, Minnesota
- September 1 … Fayette County Speedway, West Union, Iowa
- September 14 … Deer Creek Speedway, Spring Valley, Minnesota [Stock Cars]
- September 19-21 … Deer Creek Speedway, Spring Valley, Minnesota [B-Mods]
- September 26-28 … Hamilton County Speedway Webster City, Iowa
The schedule is subject to change, so stay tuned to www.usraracing.com for the latest up-to-date information.
Launched in 2010 as a series for Stock Cars, the popular B-Mod division was added in 2011. Between the two classes, 13 different champions have emerged from 17 different title chases.
Two drivers from Decorah, Iowa, grabbed the series titles in 2018 as Dillon Anderson captured the Holley USRA Stock Car crown while the Out-Pace USRA B-Mods saw a back-to-back champion in Dan Hovden.
Past Stock Car champions include Derek Green (2017), Kyle Falck (2016), Tom Schmitt (2012, 2015), Mitch Hovden (2013-2014), Mike Van Genderen (2011) and Nathan Wood (2010).
Former B-Mod champions include Andy Bryant (2016), Dakota Foster (2015), Cory Crapser (2013, 2014), Trevor Hunt (2012) and Cayden Carter (2011).
All Iron Man Challenge shows also award Summit USRA Weekly Racing Series national points in both divisions. To learn more about the USRA, visit www.usraracing.com or call (515) 832-6000.