RaceQuip is known for providing racers quality safety equipment at great prices, and it looks like they’ve done it again with their new helmet. RaceQuip is calling it the SportMod, which is short for Sport Model Helmet, and it is designed for the budget-minded racer. The SportMod delivers all the standard features you would expect to find in a Snell SA-2010 certified helmet, except the price. This helmet is expected to retail for less than $190.00, yet it still exceeds the Snell SA-2010 testing requirements.
RaceQuip starts with a hand laid fiberglass shell, and then installs their proven expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner material. Next, a blended Nomex interior is fitted to provide comfort as well as a proper fit. The 3mm polycarbonate low fog shield is designed to provide great peripheral vision and is retained by aluminum pivot kit hardware. And for living your life on dirt, a silicone eyeport gasket has been engineered in to keep out dust & dirt, plus TearOff posts are also standard feature. The shell is pre-drilled for HNR / HANS anchors to make installation a snap.
The SportMod helmet will be available from XS all the way up to 2XL in Gloss White or Flat Black with removable SportMod logos. For more information, check out RaceQuip’s website.
SportMod Helmet Features:
• Hand Laid Fiberglass Shell
• Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Liner
• Comfort Fit Nomex interior
• Distortion Free 3mm Polycarbonate Low Fog Shield
• Aluminum Pivot Kit Hardware
• Tear-Off Posts
• Silicone Eyeport Gasket Seals Out Dirt
• Kevlar® Chin Strap
• Pre Drilled For HNR / HANS Anchors
• Great Peripheral Vision
• Fire Retardant Paint and Interior
• Stocked in Sizes XS – 2XL
• SportMod Decal Is Removable
• Available in White and Flat Black