Hunter “The Hustler” Marriott won three of six feature events to win the points championship in the 2017 IMCA Dakota Classic Modified Tour. The Dakota Tour consisted of six nights of racing at six different tracks in North Dakota as well as one track in Saskatchewan, Canada. Marriott won half of the races, and scored wins at Nodak Speedway in Minot, ND, Williston Basin Speedway in Williston ND, and Southwest Speedway in Dickinson ND.
The week started out rough when Marriott didn’t qualify for the Feature race and had to take a provisional starting spot as a former Dakota Tour champion, starting 29th in a field of the nation’s top IMCA Modified drivers. He fought his way to an impressive 10th by the end of the race.
Things got a lot better on night two at Nodak Speedway in Minot, ND. Hunter not only qualified for the Feature, he won the feature after lining up 3rd on the grid! After two more wins at Williston Basin and Southwest Speedway, Hunter clinched the points with a second place finish at Dacotah Speedway in Mandan, ND.
Congratulations to Marriott, Team and Family!
The SNS2 Series Bilstein shocks on Hunters Rage Chassis race car are prepared by Andy Eckrich at Precision Performance Racing Suspension in Oxford, IA. The BILSTEIN SN2 | SNS2 Series feature optimized shock lengths, and a modular monotube design that enables the flexibility to revalve and rebuild as needed. End caps are available in aluminum (SN2 Series) or steel (SNS2 Series) to meet various sanctioning body requirements.
BILSTEIN SN2/SNS2 Features & Benefits:
- 46mm extruded modular steel body maintains tighter tolerances for superior performance
- BILSTEIN’s fill tool allows plug installation for sanctioning body requirements that restrict schrader valves (fill tool sold separately: B4-BOA-0001227)
- Body design allows for standard or coilover applications (coilover kit sold separately: B4-BOA-0000117)
- 14mm hard chromed shaft reduces seal drag and breakaway stiction
- Single and double adjustable shaft options available
- Linear or digressive pistons available for valving versatility
- Monotube design provides maximum heat dissipation
- Available with non, single, and double adjustable shafts
- Base Valve Design optional for low pressure capabilities
For a complete list of applications, please visit: http://info.bilsteinus.com/public_access/customer-media/Catalogs_and_Brochures/BILSTEIN_SNS2_Flyer_2017_WEB.pdf
Founded in 1873, BILSTEIN is the world’s leading manufacturer of monotube gas pressure shock absorbers. With their main headquarters located in Germany, BILSTEIN is an original equipment supplier to BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, GM, Chrysler, Ford, Toyota and many others. Today, BILSTEIN Aftermarket and Motorsports has grown to nearly 630 employees located in three locations around the United States and distributes more than 3,500 part numbers into the U.S. aftermarket. BILSTEIN operates within ThyssenKrupp Component Technologies Group. For more information, please visit www.bilsteinUS.com.