Brian Smith made history on Sunday night by bagging his first-career Super Late Model win. The triumph came at Tazewell Speedway (Tazewell, Tennessee) as the Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series sanctioned the 9th Annual Buddy Rogers Memorial.
After multiple front runners experienced problems while leading, Smith took over late to score the $4,400 triumph. The Barbourville, Kentucky racer was followed across the line by Dakotah Knuckles and Steve Smith.
Michael Moats (MRMRacingPhotos.net) snapped these photos at the event.
Feature Results for Schaeffer’s Oil Southern Nationals Bonus Series/Schaeffer’s Oil Iron-Man Championship Late Model Series at Tazewell Speedway in Tazewell, TN on September 3, 2017
- Brian Smith-Barbourville, Ky.
- Steve Smith-Powell, Tenn.
- Dakotah Knuckles-Ewing, Va.
- Carder Miller-Salem, Va.
- Austin Neely-New Tazewell, Tenn.
- Joey Standridge-Tellico Plains, Tenn.
- Phil Helton-Clinton, Tenn.
- Jeff Neubert-Rockford, Tenn.
- David Payne-Murphy, N.C.
- Clyde Overholt-Tazewell, Tenn.
- Billy Ogle, Jr.-Knoxville, Tenn.
- Donald McIntosh-Dawsonville, Ga.
- Levi Ashby-Cumberland Furnace, Tenn.
- Chad Ogle-Sevierville, Tenn.
- Jonathan Rowan-Jackson, Tenn.
- Mack McCarter-Gatlinburg, Tenn.
- Chicky Barton-Middlesboro, Ky.
- Jody Horton-Sneedville, Tenn.
- Daniel Shelton-Berea, Ky.
- Mitchell Burke-Tazewell, Tenn.
- Greg Johnson-Bedford, Ind. (Did Not Start)